Workplace Health and Safety
Workplace Health and Safety Resources
Health and Safety Issue Briefs:
- Indoor Air Quality (pdf). Do you work in a "sick building"? Learn the warning signs and what you can do to ensure a healthy work environment.
- Violence at Work (pdf). Learn steps that you can take to prevent violence on the job.
- Chronic Stress (pdf). Are you constantly stressed on the job? Learn the health consequences and actions you can take individually or through your union to reduce stress.
- Needlesticks (pdf). Learn how you can avoid needlestick injuries in healthcare settings.
- Ergonomics (pdf). Learn about the factors that put you at risk for musculoskeletal discorders.
Corrections and Criminal Justice Coalition (CCJC). Read about CCJC's health and safety standards for corrections professionals.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Search for information on various health and safety topics at OSHA's Web site.